Local artists, grade 6 to adult, are invited to submit a two-dimensional work of art that illustrates the life and times of our vibrant historic town. It can be of a building,walerson/s, or a scene that captures some essence of Reading, either from the past or the present, over these 375 years.
Artwork will be displayed around town at various venues from May 31-June 15, 2019 as part of the Reading 375 celebrations.
- Entries must follow the theme of the show.
- Artists, grade 6 to adult, are welcome.
- Artwork may be submitted posthumously.
- Size not to exceed 20″ x 20″.
- All 2-dimensional media except photography.
- Framing is not required but must be wired for hanging.
- One entry per person.
- A photograph of your artwork with dimensions, title, and time period must be submitted by email to Reading375PaintTheTown@gmail.com by May 1, 2019.
- The committee reserves the right to reject any artwork, not in compliance with the theme or deemed inappropriate by committee members.
- Accepted entries will be notified by email no later than May 15, 2019, and they should be brought to Creative Arts – the entrance nearest to 32 Lowell St/Rt. 129 parking lot shared with the back of Reading Town Hall on May 21st – May 23rd from 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM.
- A contact card must accompany the piece. Please include name, phone number, email address, and price of art (if applicable).
- Artists must sign a release of liability form.
- Artists hold the copyright, but by submitting a piece of artwork agree to grant the Reading 375 Paint the Town Committee permission to photograph and release images for promotional purposes through social media, print media, the Reading 375 website or other Town websites, as long as you are credited for the original creation. This non-exclusive license is without restrictions or royalties paid to the copyright holder in perpetuity.
- All artwork will be part of the Reading 375 Paint the Town Art Walk to be held May 31st through June 15th, 2019.
- No artwork can be removed before June 15, 2019. Artwork can be picked up at Creative Arts on June 18th and June 19th from 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM. Art remaining 30 days after this date will become the property of the Reading 375 Paint the Town Committee.
- Neither the Reading 375 Paint the Town Committee nor any of the venues will be involved in the selling of the art. Potential buyers can contact the artists directly.
Opening reception will be held Wednesday evening June 5, 2019, at the Pleasant Street Center, 49 Pleasant Street, Reading. Details to follow.